An assisted living facility or nursing home for your loved one is supposed to be a place of comfort, dignity, and safety. But unfortunately, that does not always happen. If your loved one shows signs of abuse or neglect while living in a Minnesota nursing home, turn to an assisted living & nursing home litigation lawyer from Scheller Legal Solutions, LLC.
What Are Signs of Nursing Home Abuse?
You might be unsure if your loved one has suffered injury through abuse or neglect. Some common signs can include:
- Falls: Falls may occur as a result of negligence when not properly transferring a resident or not providing appropriate fall risk interventions.
- Pressure Injury: Pressure injuries may happen as a result of a person being confined to a bed or chair for too long without relieving pressure per a care plan.
- Infections: Infections, such as sepsis, may occur as a result of improper hygiene or lack of monitoring for changes in condition or signs of underlying disease.
- Malnutrition: Your loved one may have lost weight or become more lethargic, which could be signs of malnutrition due to improper nutrition of feeding assistance.
- Medication Errors. Proper medication administration is critical for many residents. Medication errors by staff, such as not giving a needed medication or an improper dosage, can lead to serious problems.
- Physical abuse: Signs of physical abuse, such as bruises or fractures, unfortunately sometimes occur at the hands of caregivers and can lead to serious injury.
No matter what signs of nursing home abuse you might discover, get a measure of accountability to hold proper parties responsible with the help of Scheller Legal Solutions, LLC.
What Parties Might Be Responsible?
Oftentimes with assisted living facilities and nursing homes, there is complex ownership structures and multiple medical providers that provide services to the resident. With assisted living or nursing home abuse, there may potentially be many responsible parties, which Scheller Legal Solutions, LLC can help determine.
How Can an Assisted Living & Nursing Home Litigation Lawyer Help?
Navigating medical malpractice claims against long term care providers is complex in Minnesota. Rely on an assisted living & nursing home litigation lawyer from Scheller Legal Solutions, LLC. We can gather r facts of your case, communicate with medical providers, and determine responsible parties and what damages to pursue on behalf of you and your loved one.
Call us today at (763) 647-0042.